There’s a reason we dedicate an entire day to honoring Mothers & Fathers. Each day they put on their cape and take on the world, running errands, getting the kids to school, etc., all before heading to work themselves.
Marvel Marketers may be a team of superheroes, but we recognize that even the hardest working superhero has a personal life, family responsibilities, and work demands that all require their time and attention. Having family-friendly policies and benefits that attract the best talent is important to us, so much so that we have been a recipient of the Best Places for Working Parents award for the last two years.
Family-friendly employers have a competitive advantage to attract and retain employees, but the real value of being a best place for working parents is to ensure that companies can creatively help problem-solve with team members, work-related or not.
Since 2013, Marvel Marketers has been a remote-working environment. By doing so, it helps our team:
- spend less time commuting so they can enjoy more time with their families
- save costs and stress associated with going into an office
- have the ability to work in locations other than their home when necessary
- engage with each other’s family members, even the furry ones, during virtual meetings.
Studies indicate that family-friendly benefits and practices lead to positive organizational outcomes. Focusing on the employee will lead to an increase in job satisfaction, retention, engagement, and productivity to name a few. At Marvel Marketers, we continue to focus on offering benefits that are not only meaningful but also foster a culture of organizational work-life support.
We also encourage our employees to:
- take time off…we all need time to refresh and renew.
- discuss career advancement potential and professional development opportunities with their manager.
- utilize the Employee Assistance Program to find resources for new parents, working from home with children, elder care services, in addition to the short-term counseling and referral services.
In return, it helps foster a company culture that makes a positive impact on our team, helps reduce stress and creates an environment that many want to be a part of.
So to all the supermoms and dads out there, keep it up, we see you flexing your superpowers!
Keep up with our superhero approved tips and best practices by subscribing to our blog!