Effective Date: May 21, 2018
The Channels may provide links to and or the ability to connect with Non-Marvel Channels. Clicking on those links and or enabling those connections may allow the third-party to collect Information. Those third-party Channels are beyond our control. We encourage that you check and review the third-party privacy policies and terms before providing Information to them.
If you have questions, concerns or need to request the copy of this Policy, you can do so by contacting our Data Privacy Officer at [email protected]
- What Do We Collect Information?Personal Data.Any piece of data that identifies you or any individual directly or indirectly. This includes information captured through various Channels and may include your or individual name, company, email address, role, job title, postal address, telephone number, browser, device, network including IP address and application information. Additionally, if you submit Personal Data relating to other people to us using our Channels, you represent you have the authority to do so and given us permission to use that Information.
Anonymous Data.Anonymous Data is any information that does not identify you or any individual. Anonymous information is used for generating statistical and aggregate data for operations of functions as required in our Channels and hereunder.
Behavior Data.We capture behavior data throughout our Channels and overlay that with Personal or Anonymous Data. Behavior data is collected anytime you act within our Channels such as Clicking a link in an email, visiting a webpage, registering for a webinar, attending a webinar, watching a video, and duration and time of actions. We score these behavior/actions or interactions using a lead scoring system that performs mathematical operations and provides behavioral predictability and help us align relevant content, material and offering to you.
- How Do We Collect Information?Online:When you visit our websites, micro-sites, landing pages, interact with email we send you, register for a webinar, open a chat session, subscribe to our newsletter, download any collateral e.g. case study, success story or infographic and/or register to get updates or content – we collect Information through-out those sessions and events.
Offline:We collect Information when you attend trade shows, summits, and other events, visit our booth, during phone calls when you speak with our sales, services and/or operational professionals.
Third-Party:To provide higher quality of service & experience and to enhance our ability to provide relevant marketing, content, offers, products and services to you, we obtain information about you from other third-party sources such as public databases, social media platforms and marketing partners.
- How do We use Collected Information?We use Collected information (a) to serve you better, to respond to your inquiries such as requested materials, newsletters, blogs and other materials regarding our products and services; (b) to keep you informed of changes such as changes in Channels, our terms, conditions and policies; (c) to send you marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you such as email and SMS in compliance with applicable laws and in accordance to your preferences; (d) to enhance and personalize your experience with our Channels by presenting products, services and/or offers tailored specifically to you; (e) to allow you to participate in sweepstakes, contests and similar promotions subject to rules and regulations and to manage & administer those activities.
In addition, we use Information for business operations such as data analysis, audit, fraud monitoring and prevention, development of new products and services and enhancement of existing ones and determining the effectiveness of our campaigns.
We use Information as we believe to be necessary and/or appropriate: (a) under applicable laws; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from government authorities; (d) to enforce our terms & conditions; (e) to perform legitimate business interests such direct marketing and sales of our product and services or the products and services of our Clients; (f) to protect our and your rights, privacy, and safety; (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
- How will We share Information?We disclose Information, subject to applicable privacy terms and conditions to: (a) Subsidiaries and Affiliates for the purpose described in this Policy. In such events Marvel Marketers, LLC is the party responsible for the management of the jointly-used Information; (b) Third Party Business Partners that we work closely with to market or sell products or services. In certain situations, they operate within our Channels. We may disclose Information to them for the purposes described above; (c) Consultants, Contractors & Service Providers We contract with to perform tasks on our behalf as defined herein, for example removing repetitive information from lists, analysis of data and conduct billing and service related to products and services. All Consultants, Contractors & Services providers we share Information with are required to maintain the privacy, confidentiality and security of the Information.
- How do We Secure your Information?We have implemented appropriate policies, technologies and processes within our organization to protect Information including security controls to prevent unauthorized access to our systems. While we take reasonable steps to secure data and your Information, know that security procedures are never 100 percent secure from intrusion or hacking.
- How can I Access and Request Changes to Information?If you would like to make any changes to the Information we collect, store or disclosure of any Information about you that has been collected, access your Information or a request to correct or amend Information, please notify us at [email protected] so that we may consider and respond to your request in accordance with applicable law. In addition, if you would like to change preferences in terms of receiving communications through our Channels, you can elect to opt-out by clicking on the links provided within all communications that you receive from us or by simply sending a request to [email protected]. Upon verification of request we will respond to your request within 30 days.
- Minor Use of Marvel ChannelsMarvel Channels are not intended for minors under the age of 18. We do not knowingly or specifically collect Information about minors under the age of 18. Minors should get their parent or legal guardian consent before providing any Information through Marvel Channels. If you believe that we have mistakenly or unintentionally collected such information, please notify us at [email protected]
- How to Contact Us?If you have any questions, concerns or complaints, you can reach us by contacting our Data Privacy Officer via email at [email protected] or regular mail to 4 West 4th Avenue, PH B, San Mateo, CA 94402.