I am very excited to officially launch Marvel Marketers’ Partnership with Engagio. We have learned tons in the past several months, as we collectively answer the important questions in this new phase of evolution regarding how to generate revenue.
Why Engagio, and Why a Partnership?
Everyone knows Marvel Marketers is all about quality and tackling the hard problems. When we see a tool, and the leadership behind that tool, intentionally trying to get clients to be more strategic, more intentional and more orchestrated, we are all in. Engagio will be only the second company we have ever officially partnered with, Marketo being the first.
Specifically, the tool approaches the problem statement of Account Based Everything (ABE) in 3 ways, with the dominate anchor being my personal favorite:
- Strategy (Anchor in my opinion)
I think in the industry there is a bit of a debate between what should come first, your data that you build a strategy off of, or a strategy that you make sure you have the right data for. I have my opinion, which I will share in a future post. The Clear and Complete Guide to Account based Sales Development speaks more to the three bullets above.
If you are a marketer and have gotten away with just not getting/understanding or even wanting to understand what Sales cares about . . . read the Guide.
So many learnings, so little time. Here are some of my favorites thus far:
- A Marketing Automation Background may or may not help you with ABE. If you did a good job looking at the big picture it’s amazing, if you didn’t, it’s a problem.
- With Marketo, the strategy was the easy part, and the tool is super complex. With Engagio, the tool (thus far) is super easy, while the strategy is complex.
- There is a huge opportunity for Data vendors to tailor their offerings to support ABM. (Hint, hint, you’re welcome)
- I think some might disagree with me here, but there is not a conflict between Marketing Automation/Lead Generation and ABE.
- Congratulations clients, you likely already have a strong ABSD (Account Based Sales Development) Strategy. But you likely don’t have a strong ABM Strategy. That is the opportunity… As the industry grows, I will see if this observation changes.
My absolute favorite thing is that ABSD and fundamental ABE has finally married together the efforts of Sales and Marketing. With Marketing Automation, the MA tool is a Marketing tool and efforts are for sales enablement. Often the technology and use of it is prescribed by marketing. Engagio is a Marketing/ Sales tool used by Sales, and in many ways can function to enable and orchestrate Marketing efforts.
I can’t count the number of times I worked with clients who would operate under “leave sales out of it” or who could not get sales to cooperate because their efforts were not aligned with what SDRS and Sales really cared about–accounts. We would conduct workshops where after designing a Lead Gen Strategy, or a Sales Enablement Strategy, the strategic sales rep in the room would say, “Well I work my contacts a different way, we sell to more than just one person”… and then the workshop would almost need a V.2.
Finally, we as the Experts in this space get to see and impact the whole spectrum equally with dominant tools on both sides of the fence and absolutely every incentive to successfully balance these efforts. It is such a relief that there is now an explicit reason, a home, an industry mandate and a need for Strategy to orchestrate all of these events.
If you’re curious and want to learn more about the Strategy, Technology and Data that is at the foundation of the ABE movement, you can request a download of The Clear and Complete Guide to Account Based Sales Development below.
Connect with me on Linkedin
Thanks! Make sure
to check your email.