If you want to improve the performance of your email nurture, it’s essential to understand the effectiveness of your campaigns and utilize your reporting for data-driven decisions. Our superheroes’ Marketo 101 top tip: Create actionable reports.
Here are 7 steps to reports that move the needle:
1. Identify key metrics – metrics that are important for your nurture programs, such as open rates, click-through rates, engagement and conversion rates, and lead score changes.
2. Set up tracking – for each of your key metrics in Marketo, so you can collect data and create comprehensive reports for comparison and refinement of your program.
3. Create a report template – that includes all of the key metrics; make sure it’s easy to read and understand. Marketo has a myriad of out-of-the-box reporting available that you can further customize to provide exactly what you’re looking for on a regular basis.
4. Schedule regular reports – to be generated and sent to the appropriate team members so they can review the data and take action as needed. Reports can be run on regular cadences, and can even be sent to individuals outside of your instance, so be sure to utilize the reporting automation options to save yourself time and effort!
5. Analyze the data – identify any patterns or trends, such as which emails have the highest open rates, what streams have the highest engagement rates, or which leads are most actively moving through your nurture’s funnel.
6. Take action – use the data from your reports to make data-driven decisions and take action to optimize your email nurtures. For example, if you notice that certain subject lines are resulting in high open rates, use that information to optimize the subject lines for future emails.
7. Continuously monitor – review your reports and metrics, making adjustments as needed to improve the performance of your email nurtures.
Are you securing all the steps to nurture success? It’s a rigorous process, but so worth the effort when every piece of the puzzle informs the nurtures to come.
If you‘d like to learn more about actionable Marketo reports, templates, and data analysis, please contact us for more information.